Saturday, June 20, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Week 1: Makeover Madness



The TpT Seller Challenge is just what needed to get motivated! This week's challenge was to makeover an old product. The product I chose was an old one that I'd abandoned about a year ago (EEK!) called Multipli-dition. It's an awesome multiplication as repeated edition activity that I've used in my classroom for the past 3 years with great success. I created a free version of it last summer but never completed my full version. I was inspired to choose this product to revamp after I received a direct message from someone asking about the full version. Without further adieu, here it is....

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Room-308


Head over to my TpT store to have a closer look at it.

In addition to getting motivated with TpT (and blogging), I've been reflecting on this past school year and planning for this upcoming year. I had a lot of ups and downs last year, including my room being turned into a 3/4 split 10 weeks into the year, some exceptionally challenging behaviors, losing a few of my beloved kiddos to moves, watching some of my kiddos grow 1.5-2 years in reading and/or math, watching them grow and mature, and saying goodbye to students that I taught for two years (That was probably the most difficult part of the year! It will ache my heart a little bit to watch someone else teach them. I absolutely adored my "Loop Group.") We have lots of upcoming changes for the next school year. We are using a new reading, vocabulary, and phonics curriculum (Making Meaning and Spiral Up), modifying the math curriculum and instructional practices, and switching to a new system for student goal setting and tracking. Needless to say, I have a TON of work to do this summer and less time to do it because I'm teaching summer school. Oh...did I mention that my partner in crime teacher accepted an administrative position at a different school? It's so bittersweet. I am very happy to see her move up, but I am going to miss all of our shenanigans collaboration. Luckily, I have a great new partner! We seem to be very similar, and I think we're going to work well together.

Have a great Saturday!



2 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like you have an awful lot going on all at once! Here's hoping you manage to squeeze in a little time to relax this summer! I think your product make-over makes the title stand out and it's far more eye-catching! Super make-over! Xx

    ReplyDelete