Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Test-O-Mania

Well, hello, strangers! It's been a very busy few days. I know I promised pictures. However, my windows aren't finished yet (bummer!). They've installed the actual windows, but we're still waiting for window frames. Naturally, my kiddos are anxious because they are really missing Sparkles, our guinea pig.

So my days have been consumed by data and meetings and testing (sad face). It's very easy to forget about all of the extras that go along with teaching a tested grade. There's a lot of pressure to perform. We've had test-o-mania all week. They are taking their Acuity test for the next two weeks. The Acuity test is the assessment our district uses to forecast MAP (Missouri Assessment Performance) performance and monitor grade level progress in reading, writing, and math. They've completed one session of constructed responses, and we're signed up to take our first ELA session tomorrow (Dun, dun, duuuuuunnnnn!!!!). They are also taking their STAR assessment to progress monitor for RTI. I feel like I'm testing their little brains to mush.

And since we're talking about testing. Here's a student response from their mid-unit math assessment. I grade whether their answer is right or wrong, and I also use a rubric to evaluate their progression toward mastery. This was my first look at them (right or wrong). His explanation made me chuckle, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment